All we have to believe with is our senses, the tools we use to perceive the world: our sight, our touch, our memory. If they lie to us, then nothing can be trusted. And even if we do not believe, then still we cannot travel in any other way than the road our senses show us; and we must walk that road to the end. – Neil Gaiman
5_senses is a challenge community in which the aim is to either write or draw a series of fanfiction/art based around the five senses.
Yep. The senses are any of the faculties by which stimuli from outside or inside the body are received and felt, as the ability of hearing, sight, smell, touch, and taste. In other words, it is how things influence us through our ears, eyes, nose, tongue and skin.
So, when writing/drawing you can choose from the above, or, you can do the alternate senses. To think, to love, to move, to laugh to remember.
1. You can choose pairings/threesomes, platonic or romantic or just individual characters. No whole fandoms please. These will be yours alone until you complete all five senses, then they’ll be up for grabs again.
2. At one point of time, you are allowed a maximum of two pairings. They can be from the same fandom, but they must involve different characters, and you must be prepared to complete them.
3. You can’t start posting until your character/pairing has been approved. To be approved, please post a request at this post . Include the full names of the characters chosen, as well as the fandom and which list you are going to do. 1 or 2. Check the claims post to make sure that your characters have not already been claimed.
4. We’re pretty laid back, but we ask that you enter with the intention of finishing it. So try to post at least once a month. Since there are only five, it’s really not that difficult.
5. If after a while, you find the themes to difficult or yourself to busy, please respond at this post . Likewise, if you complete a claim, and are putting it back up for request, just leave a comment.
6. You are welcome to do the themes in whatever order you want, and each is open to whatever interpretation your mind can come up with.
7. When posting, try to follow the following formula, which is actually pretty standard amongst these sort of communities nowadays.
8. All ratings are acceptable, and yea, just include the standard warning. [Fandom] [Pairing/Character] [List #] [Theme #] And in the post, please include the following as a bare minimum. Title: Fandom: Pairing/Character: Rating: Warnings: Disclaimer:
9. Any and all fandoms are accepted. RPS, manga, anime, tv, films, books, crossovers…yep, you get the idea.
Just a couple of ground things, that are really pretty self-explanatory.
1. No flames. Seriously.
2. All pairings are welcome, from the het, to the slash to ones that are just plain crack. A warning is necessary, of course, so if, as a reader, you see something you don’t like, don’t read.
3. No plagiarism. It isn’t funny, it isn’t cool.
List One 1. Sight. 2. Sound. 3. Smell. 4. Taste. 5. Touch.
List Two 1. Thought 2. Love. 3. Movement. 4. Laughter. 5. Memory.